News Release Details
Casa Systems’ Axyom® Virtual Converged Cable Access Platform (vCCAP) Achieves Unprecedented Combination of Speed, Capacity, and Power Savings with Intel’s 4th Generation Xeon® Scalable Processors
- Revolutionary Axyom® vCCAP with Intel processors paves the way for enhanced cable provider scalability, savings, and flexibility
- Axyom vCCAP solution improves throughput per vCPU compared to leading competitors’ stated throughput
- Dramatic Axyom vCCAP performance provides advantages to cable operators embracing network functions virtualization
To maximize operational efficiency, cable service providers seek to lower the cost per bit over the network while preserving performance and reliability of existing services and technology. The shift from legacy, hardware-based technologies to virtualized solutions supports this endeavor, and the metrics achieved by the Axyom vCCAP multiply these advantages for service providers embracing virtualized network functions.
Casa System’s Axyom vCCAP delivers a web scale solution, cost savings, and service flexibility. It provides full CCAP functionality, allowing cable MSOs to easily deploy both Axyom CCAP and integrated CCAP as they migrate their networks. It is deployable in virtual machines, containers, or on bare metal servers powered by the latest 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors.
“For cable operators and their customers, adding more server virtualization and software-defined networking–based deployments are key to driving network scale and agility while reducing total cost of ownership,” said
Key Performance Metrics at a Glance
- Speed / Capacity: The integration of 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors into the Axyom vCCAP boosts its capacity by an impressive 65%.
- Power Savings: A testament to efficiency, the Axyom vCCAP trumps the competition by reducing power consumption by a substantial 33% when pitted against Casa’s C100G CCAP filled with second generation Bi-Directional Modules (BDM2).
- Density: In terms of service groups, the Axyom vCCAP solution delivers over seven times the number previously attainable.
- Footprint Reduction: Design efficiency is at its peak with Axyom vCCAP, showcasing a reduction of 70% in rack units compared to the C100G.
- Cost Efficiency: The Axyom vCCAP solution stands out with its unmatched service flexibility and significant cost savings. It boasts one of the industry’s lowest metrics for cost per bit per second and cost per KW (power).
Casa Systems’ virtual network functions are optimized for a virtual compute environment to deliver significant increases in throughput per vCPU compared to leading competitors’ stated throughput. By using CPUs more efficiently, Axyom maximizes the features of the server hardware and the enhanced performance of 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors.
Investment in infrastructure to connect people anywhere in
To see the full array of virtualized network functions
- Intel White Paper: With Latest CPUs, Casa Boosts Virtual Cable Platform Capacity by 65%
Casa Systems Media Contact
Scratch Marketing + Media for
Source: Casa Systems, Inc.